It’s been a busy start of the week, and dinners have had to be quick, easy and did I mention quick? Had some leftover chicken in the refrigerator and was wondering what I could do with it. This is a recipe that has a whole lot of flavor BUT is not so big on the Fat. The traditional recipe for Alfredo sauce calls for cream and butter, not this one. Try it, and I am sure you will agree it is just as satisfying without all the calories.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO PASTA
- About 2 Cups Cooked Chicken, cut up
- 5 strips cooked bacon, broken up (turkey bacon works well, press into a paper towel after cooking to remove any fat)
- About 1 Cup Steamed Broccoli
- Prepared Pasta (Whichever kind you like, bowties, rotini, penne etc…)
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth (I use the less sodium one)
- 4 tsp. Flour
Method: In a large saucepan pour in the Chicken Broth. Whisk in the 4 tsp. Flour. Next add,
- 1/3 Cup Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tblsp. Parsley (optional)
- Combine all these ingredients into the broth mixture and cook for approx. 2 minutes until it begins to boil and has thickened. Add the cut up chicken and bacon and stir. Next, toss in your prepared pasta and broccoli and toss it all up and serve. Bon Appetit!